Dumisani was born in 1969. After leaving school, he attended a 3-year fine art course at Mzilikazi Art and Craft Centre in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe, specialising in printmaking.
His wonderful limited edition prints and monoprints have been featured in a number of group exhibitions both within Zimbabwe and abroad. These include:
- 8th International exhibition of prints and drawings, Grafinnova, Finland (2002)
- 'Africa Exhibit', Liebenweinturm Burghausen, Germany (2001)
- Zimbabwe Heritage Exhibition, National Gallery of Zimbabwe, Harare (1993 - 2000)
- Visual Artists' Association of Bulawayo (VAAB) Annual Exhibition, NGZ, Bulawayo (1993 - 2005)
- Graphics Exhibition, Portland Museum, USA (1997)
- He has also held two solo exhibitions at the National Gallery of Zimbabwe, Bulawayo in 2001 and 2005
He has won numerous awards, including Best Work in Graphics, VAAB Annual Exhibition 2000 and Award of Merit for Graphics, Zimbabwe Heritage Exhibition, NGZ Harare in 1994. Dumisani was one of three finalists in the 2D category in the visual arts of the 2008 NAMA (National Arts Merit Awards) competition.
This text is copyright (please see statement on our homepage) and is the intellectual property of Guruve Ltd and must not be reproduced without our permission and attribution to www.guruve.com.