Joe Mutasa is one of the most prominent names of the second generation of Zimbabwean sculptors. As a sculptor with nearly 20 years' experience, he has travelled widely as a resident artist at a number of high-profile international exhibitions. His work has also been featured in innumerable local and international joint and solo exhibitions. His graceful sculptures with their fine proud features are instantly recognisable and much sought-after by collectors worldwide. Guruve are proud to represent him and his brother Gregory Mutasa in the UK.
Selected exhibitions include:
- 'The Stone Sculptors of Zimbabwe', Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, South Africa (1997-8)
- 'Custom and Legend: A Culture in Stone', Group Exhibition, Royal Botanical Gardens, Kew, UK (2000); Chicago Botanical Gardens and Missouri Botanical Gardens, USA (2001)
- Visiting Artist at Art In Action, UK (2003)
- Group Exhibition, Kalmthout Arboretum, Belgium (2005, 2006)
- 'Dialogue In Stone', Group exhibition, Toronto, Canada (2006)
This text is copyright (please see statement on our homepage) and is the intellectual property of Guruve Ltd and must not be reproduced without our permission and attribution to www.guruve.com.